Applicants must complete a psychiatry residency program before beginning the addiction psychiatry residency program (PGY-5) and must obtain a Georgia Medical License.
The application form is the standard NRMP application form for PGY-2 and above. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, the completed application, and the following materials to the coordinator:
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information including mailing address, email, preferred phone numbers
- Evidence of qualification for a Georgia medical license (in most cases this will be a copy of a current license from a state that has reciprocity with Georgia)
- A copy of the applicant's medical school diploma
- Three letters of reference. One of these must be from the training director of the resident's general psychiatry training program documenting expected satisfactory completion of general psychiatry training.
- Medical school transcripts (may be sent by your general psychiatry training director or medical school)
- Medical school Dean’s letter (may be sent by your general psychiatry training director or medical school)
- Copies of USMLE scores from Step I, II, III
- Copy of your visa or permanent resident card if you are not a US citizen
Send all application materials to:
Addiction Psychiatry Program Coordinator
Emory University School of Medicine
12 Executive Park Drive, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30329