myLIFE social engagement groups are specifically designed to create a safe haven where group members with social interaction difficulty have the opportunity to:
- confidently practice socially-expectant behaviors across an array of social environments
- engage in fun, age appropriate activities (both planned and incidental)
- share observations and suggestions with each other
- interact with similar-aged, typically-developing peer mentors
- continue to learn, build, practice and have success with skills across the social, communication, adaptive/self-help, personal development and leisure domains
Events and activities in and around the Emory campus are planned along with formal classroom training, which includes multimedia formats, subject-matter experts, role-playing and other instructional methods. myLIFE clinicians provide direct guidance and support.